The Junior Laboratory Analyst will be primarily responsible for the inspection and analysis of all lots of incoming raw and packaging materials, and the analysis of finished product ensuring that they meet established specifications and food safety requirements.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspecting, sampling and analysing all incoming packaging and raw material (including grains) ensuring they meet the established specification and food safety requirements.
- Ensuring all documentation relating to the raw and packaging material including COAs, warehouse inspection records and other required documentation are received for all lots. Report deviations to Senior Quality Analyst as they are observed
- Carrying out laboratory analysis on all lots of finished goods as per prescribed procedure and communicate results to Senior Quality Analyst or designate for timely release of the finished product.
- Reporting on a timely basis any non-conformance identified with materials and or products being tested.
- Liaising with Planning and Logistics to ensure all raw material are used within specified life span; report expired or near dated material.
- Collecting water samples at established sample points. Dispatch samples for analysis and review results for conformity
- Assisting with the collection, logging and storage of shelf life samples for all lots of raw and packaging material.
- Assisting with the checking of information on new or existing packaging design whenever changes are made.
- Assisting in the tracking of Department KPI’, ensuring correct data is inputted for report templates.
- Assisting with the release of Finished Products to production in the absence of the Senior Laboratory Analysist.
- Perform any other duties duly assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary Level Education in Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Food Science or related field.
- Training in Good Manufacturing Practices
The deadline for receipt of applications is July 23, 2021. We thank all interested applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.