The Scale House Clerk is responsible for assisting with security fraud & prevention to ensure conformity with incoming and outgoing materials, bulk & finished products. This is to mitigate against any irregularity between physical verses theoretical product tonnages.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, health, and environment by following the policies and procedures of JGC.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintain & continuously improving JGC’S Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- Maintain 5’s standards in the raw material stores and in all areas where tasks are assigned.
- Weigh all vehicles transporting bulk & finished products from plant.
- Prepare and maintain weighbridge records as per customer transactions.
- Prepare documents from weighbridge records to facilitate payment of bulk haulage contractors.
- Examine the difference between the theoretical and actual weights for bulk & finished products and report any anomalies / errors to supervisor.
- Ensure all vehicles have the required paperwork for forward movements from plant to customers and from customers to plant.
- Report safety hazards and general non-conformances at the weighbridge station #1 to supervisor.
- Ensure suppliers and haulage contractors are aware of JGC operating & safety procedures.
- Other duties as per departmental needs.
- Effectively co-ordinate and supervisor floor activities of warehouse operations
- Monitor service standards of internal & external service delivery by coaching teams as applicable
- Escalating of unresolved issues to manager for remedial action.
- Secondary education with five passes at the CSEC level including Mathematics and English Language.
- Certificate in inventory / warehouse management.
- Understand safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Working knowledge & ability to use computer systems & Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Familiarity with weighbridge & weighbridge software.
- Working knowledge of managing inventories.