The appointee will be responsible for ensuring that the strategic and operational plans for the overall warehouse and logistics operations, including receiving, warehousing/inventory control, and distribution of raw material and finished goods, are effectively executed in compliance with the organization’s policies and objectives and in accordance with health, safety and security requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, monitor, and improve Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that the warehouses are operating in compliance with new/revised legislation; local and international warehousing standards; and material handling and shipping regulatory requirements.
- Manage the storage, distribution, inventory and records maintenance of items in the warehouses. Safeguard the warehouse operations and contents by establishing, monitoring and maintaining security procedures and protocols.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transport, and customer service in the warehouses.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions, and ensure that the warehouse costs are within the budget.
- Develop and manage warehouse Key Performance Indicators. Contribute to team effort by participating in operation planning, liaising with contractors and other external partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management or other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Three (3) years’ working experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory systems, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of food safety systems
- Production material replenishment planning and export processes
- Good communication, team building and leadership skills