Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
To direct and manage the company’s trade operations, inclusive of branding, merchandising and implementing trade initiatives to enhance the Company’s brand visibility, distribution and sales. The Trade Marketing Officer is required to be the centre of expertise regarding the strategic and conceptual matters regarding trade activities by providing conceptual and strategic support for sales and marketing personnel by fulfilling trade activities to fulfil customer, channel specific and brand needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop channel strategies and manage conformity and implementation
- Conceptualize and control outlet segmentation
- Develop category management strategies and standards and enrols others in the Trade Marketing processes
- Direct and manage the implementation of programs, events and projects in trade marketing to achieve objectives regarding products, revenue, profitability, market share and services.
- Analyse trade marketing programs and adjust implementation strategies and tactics to increase effectiveness of execution
- Oversee the on-time execution of trade marketing plans to ensure effectiveness in delivering volume and market share objectives
- Conduct trade visits to keep abreast of issues, review execution effectiveness, monitor competitors’ activities and observe changes or opportunities in the market.
- Visit and conduct meetings with principals in keeping with agreements and geared toward establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image.
- Prepare the trade marketing budget; manage the approved budget
- Manage the Company’s Trade Marketing Assets to ensure optimal utilization.
- Establish and maintain sound and mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings as well as community and goodwill events.
- Prepare reports on trade marketing activities as required.
- Participate in the stocktaking exercise
- Observe and maintain strict adherence to established health and safety policies and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time
ADMINISTRATION, LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Resolve escalated customer concerns and queries in accordance with established service delivery standards.
- Provide audit/oversight on Trade Promotions/Promoters/Brand Ambassadors to ensure alignment with brand and project outcomes.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of marketing principles.
- Customer service oriented
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of trade and distribution operations.
- Experience working in a Retail Sales environment will be an asset
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Product knowledge, Quality Focus,
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships. A team player.
- Good organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to ensure all are completed on a timely basis.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to work well in teams
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Works well under pressure.
External Contacts (Level):
Liaises with internal customers: All members of the Marketing Team, Sales Team, Purchasing, Accounts, HR, Logistics, Distributors, and Suppliers. Liaises with external trade customers.