To direct and manage the company’s trade operations, inclusive of branding, merchandising and implementing trade initiatives to enhance the Company’s brand visibility, distribution and sales. Trade Marketing Manager is required to be the center of expertise regarding the strategic and conceptual matters regarding trade activities by providing conceptual and strategic support for sales and marketing personnel by fulfilling trade activities to fulfill customer, channel specific and brand principal needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops channel strategy and manages conformity and implementation
- Conceptualize and controls outlet segmentation
- Develops category management strategy and standards
- Defines and enrolls others in Trade Marketing processes
- Trains direct reports along with non-Trade Marketing staff on the essence of Trade Marketing
- Defines Trade Marketing competences, skill gaps and training platforms for direct and indirect reports
- Directs and manages the implementation of programs, events and projects in trade marketing to achieve objectives regarding products, revenue, profitability, market share and services.
- Analyzes trade marketing programs and adjusts implementation strategies and tactics to increase effectiveness of execution
- Oversees the on-time execution of trade marketing plans to ensure effectiveness in delivering volume and market share objectives
- Conducts trade visits to keep abreast of issues, review execution effectiveness, monitor competitors’ activities and observe changes or opportunities in the market.
- Visits and conducts meetings with principals in keeping with agreements and geared toward establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image.
- Prepares the trade marketing budget; manages the approved budget
- Manages the Company’s Trade Marketing Assets to ensure optimal utilization.
- Establishes and maintains sound and mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings as well as community and goodwill events.
- Prepares reports on trade marketing a activities and events, as required.
- Participates in the stocktaking exercise
- Observes and maintains strict adherence to established health and safety policies and practice
- Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time
ADMINISTRATION, LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Responsible for supervising operations to include: hiring, coaching, talent development, performance management, and the assignment of key "priority" accounts within the medical community.
- Resolve escalated customer concerns and queries in accordance with established service delivery standards.
- Foster a customer-centric work environment by developing and implementing performance standards and key performance objectives to enhance productivity.
- Prepare and present reports on department activity as required.
- Conduct performance assessments, probation and annual, within set deadlines.
- Establish and enforce service delivery standards for Department Coordinator.
- Plans and conducts regular (monthly/weekly) meetings with the trade marketing
- Supervises the activities of assigned staff, monitors their performance vis SMART KPI’s and conducts timely performance appraisals as required by the company.
- Manage and direct teams/department through sound personnel practices such as:
- Relevant and effective inductions
- Performance management
- Identifying training needs
- Issuing and administering continuous training on Department SOPs
- o Administer discipline for breach of conduct and SOPs in accordance with company Schedule of Offences
- Tertiary Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years senior experience in Retail, Marketing or sales role
- Sound knowledge of trade and distribution operations.
- Experience working in a Retail Sales environment will be an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience in managing multiple product lines.
- Leadership approach that “no job is too big or small”; willingness to learn systems and products at a detailed operational level
- Positive and motivating leader with high emotional intelligence to set the vision and strategy for the markets.
- Financial acumen to manage income statement, budgets and other financial tools
- Leads and collaborates with teams and colleagues
- Executive presence to work effectively with C-Suite clients and board members
- Proven ability to close business
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Excellent Time Management, Customer Service Skills and analytical skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent written, oral communication and problem solving skills.