Receive, count, organize and record usage information of items in such a way that will contribute to the efficient running of the material and spare parts stores.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, count and issue items based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Store items in an organized and accessible manner in the recommended locations in the stores.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in the store or other specified area.
- Assist in the verification inventory balances by comparing them to physical stock counts and investigate discrepancies.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Assist to prepare and maintain records of stores inventory including issuances, receipt and returns.
- Prepare items for use by adjusting or assembling them where necessary.
- Advice internal users on the suitability of parts where necessary.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of the work area to include weekly washing of machines and participate in Food Safety and Security programmes when required.
- Ensure workstation and material storage areas are in compliance with the company’s Good Manufacturing Practices, 5S and Safety standards.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Secondary education with four passes at the CSEC level including Mathematics and English Language.
• Computer literacy
• Good communication skills
• Good time management skills