The appointee will have responsibility for the entire production operation and employees on the shift, effectively leading the team to produce goods of the highest quality with zero defects and waste, guided by company standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the finished product conforms to quality and company specifications
- Ensures that team members skill development achieves the targeted competency level.
- Creates and maintains high team morale and motivation
- Manages the production processes, analysing data and operations and makes recommendations to the Production Manager for process improvement.
- Ensures that products are produced efficiently and that waste/losses are within the targeted company standards.
- Manages the transfer of goods from Plant to Warehouse ensuring accuracy.
- Trouble shoots and analyses challenges associated with equipment and processes ensuring, that minimum amount of down-time is experienced.
- Prepares daily shift production report and records all activities on the shift.
- Manages the daily/weekly/monthly stocktaking activities related to the Production Department.
- Degree in Food Processing, Food Technology/Applied Chemistry or other related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Three to five years working experience in a food processing/production environment.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and understanding of standards and practices of the milk processing industry
- Knowledge of food safety systems
- Good communication skills
- Team building and leadership skills