The incumbent is expected to develop and monitor a sales, distribution and marketing plan which meets brand, volume and profit objectives for each account under his/her control, through effective and efficient use of budgets and manpower in order to achieve national sales, distribution and marketing objectives.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop and monitor annual sales and distribution plans and budget by class and by sales representative to private and public hospitals
- Set quotas and objectives for Sales team and determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Monitor performance of sales team and develop incentive programs designed to continuously motivate the team
- Maximize distribution efforts through Institutional and Government channels and develop and execute key account plans
- Make sales calls to assigned accounts and pay regular visits to the trade to ensure the division is offering efficient and effective service. Approximately 50% of the time should be spent in the trade.
- Analyze sales statistics and continuously monitor sales trends and customer preferences of the Division’s products to ensure that established budgets and targets are met or exceeded and to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Ensure the Division’s products are effectively promoted through proper management of the Medical/Sales Reps
- Maintain control of Divisional expenses under his/her charge
- Investigate and respond to market and customer demands or complaints regarding sales and service so as to ensure achievement of marketing objectives.
- Liaise with Medical/Sales reps teams regarding promotions and special events to facilitate effective marketing strategy implementation and sales target achievement.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Sciences/Medical discipline or equivalent accreditation.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar or related position with at least three (3) years at a management level.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Results oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills