Execute sales functions in the absence of the assigned Sales Representative and Merchandising Supervisor. Ensure that sales volumes, distribution, trade marketing, and collections remain at optimal levels in the absence of the assigned personnel. Ensure trade marketing objectives are the company’s entire portfolio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES RELIEF SALES
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory.
- Makes in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, credit, and logistics.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Ensure monthly collections targets are achieved.
- Enter all orders on tablet provided
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally, to facilitate the development of a good customer relationship.
- Handover documents are complete after coverage for Sales/Merchandising coverage.
TRADE MARKETING & SPECIAL PROJECTS
- Arrange and participate in meeting conferences and project team activities
- Collect competitive data in the trade, for example, price surveys, promotional activities, share of shelf analysis.
- Work closely with the marketing team to assist in implementing and organizing promotional activities in your territory.
- Ensure proper distribution and exhibition of the brands listed above is adhered to.
Your performance will be assessed by the degree of success achieved in meeting the objectives outlined above and demonstrating or executing the following to include:
- Meeting deadlines in respect to the preparation and distribution of reports.
- Meeting specified sales targets.
- Execute special projects initiatives as communicated
● Diploma/Associate Degree in Marketing &/or Business Administration
● Minimum 1 year working experience in Sales negotiation
● Excellent Customer Service Skills KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Excellent Time Management, Customer Service Skills and analytical skills
● Advanced MS Excel Access and PowerPoint skills
● Excellent written and oral communication
● Own and operate a reliable motor vehicle
● Must be computer literate
● Excellent people skills
● Must be able to function independently and handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure.