The incumbent is required to provide a high degree of management and execution of QA functions, focused on continuous improvement and the ability to ensure food safety of products being produced and packaged through ensuring that targeted Quality functions and objectives are established and communicated to all interested parties while supporting the Company’s food safety objectives.
- Direct, plan, and implement quality and sanitation programs for the facility while supporting the company’s food safety programme.
- Partner with Corporate Quality Function, in the implementations of benchmark programmes and best practices.
- Ensure that the facility meets all required quality, food safety regulations and corporate policies.
- Provide corrective actions status update and problem solving and prevention of repeat failure for Management reviews.
- Identify opportunities for project improvement and contribution to business and coordinate improvement project activities
- Manage the Laboratories (main and line labs), to ensure compliance to ISO 17025.
- Conduct Audits of the system, processes and products to identify, correct and prevent non-conformances and formulate strategies to improve the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Direct and coach the facility leadership and teams to ensure quality system compliance and has the authority to suspend operations when serious quality and/or food safety risks are identified.
- Actively provide support in the development process of new products and food safety practices for the Company’s operations
- Responsible for quality and quality systems accountability for all hours of operation.
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility(s) meet Food Quality Standards.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred, or a potential risk has been identified related to the quality system and/or quality attributes.
- Reassess Quality plan(s) whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the Quality system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing mandatory Policies, Standards and Quality Plans and any other programs that support and is part of the Quality system requirements.
- Coordinate and ensure that all aspects of the Company’s Food Safety Pre-requisite and Operational Pre-requisite programmes are adequate, properly implemented, maintained and compliance assured by regular scheduled internal audits.
- Participate in housekeeping, and general safety initiatives as required by the Company
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or other science related field.
- Three (3) years experience as a Quality Manager within a food manufacturing environment is a distinct requirement
- Certification in HACCP
- Experience with both continuous processing and packaging equipment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience improving operations and key metrics for quality improvement and cost reduction
- Effective problem analysis and resolution at the strategic and functional level
- Ability to interact successfully with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally