The role supports ensuring all in process checks are being done in accordance with the procedures at IBL and the results are conforming to the established standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Cross-check raw materials issued to production for correct quantity and food safety attributes including traceability
- Review the forms completed by Mixers daily to ensure completeness and accuracy of ingredient usage
- Review machine operators (forming, baking & packaging) form to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Test the PH of all batches of dough
- Carry out verification checks for the process - chemical, physical and organoleptic testing on all finished products to determine acceptability levels at specified frequency
- Ensure all finished products produced are properly coded for traceability purposes.
- Ensures that all lab equipment are verified before use
- Carry out lab analysis on goods in process (e.g. dough) and finished goods as per specifications and communicate information to supervisor
- Secure finished product sample of each day’s production for shelf life testing.
- Report daily all activities on shift that affects food safety and quality and include correction / corrective actions taken
- Carries out sanitation verification when necessary during the production and at the beginning of the work week.
- Assist in root cause analysis
- Secondary Level (CAPE / A Level) Education with passes in Biology/ Chemistry and English Language
- Training in Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP
- Experience with food manufacturing is an asset
Abilities, skills, and experience
- Computer literacy, to include Microsoft Excel, Word and database management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Analytical and investigative skills
- Good decision making skills
Submit by Friday, December 16, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.