Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Manage the resources (personnel, equipment, raw and packaging material, etc.) used in the plant manufacturing process (production, sanitation and maintenance support) to optimize plant output, efficiency and productivity, and to achieve established targets and objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each shift begins with a complete check-off of resources ((personnel, equipment, raw and packaging material, work-in-progress, etc.)necessary for planned production, ensure that each shift ends with a completed check-off of raw and packaging material, provide complete reporting on these resources
- Ensures that work station are adequately and qualitatively staffed
- Ensure that all equipment required for shift production are in proper working condition
- Supervises the production process to ensure that operating procedures are adhered to giving due regard to quality and safety; ensure that staff is constantly reminded of safety hazards in their area
- Investigate all accidents and near misses immediately. Make a formal report including recommendation
- Provide on the job training, guidance and coaching for all employees to ensure full competence in performance of their duties
- Ensures that proper housekeeping and good manufacturing practices are maintained
- Review and sign-off all data sheets and shift reports.
- Oversees the transfer of finished good to the warehouse daily and update manufacturing system (INFOR)
- Operates the implementation of the Company’s Loss Control objectives and local initiatives and support same with effective communication, coaching, modelling and participating in element team leadership, planned tours and inspections, and serving on related Committees/Task Forces
- Review daily hours worked for hourly paid employees via Biometric system, and ensure that shift staff pay information is submitted on a timely basis
- Ensure that that the company’s policy regarding code of conduct and disciplinary actions are adhered to
- Monitor absenteeism on your shift and enforce corrective actions either by additional staff or recommended disciplinary action
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in the production/manufacturing process with a view to recommend improvements in the policies, practices and processes.
- Ensure that production staff annual end of contact evaluation are completed on a timely basis
- Assist in monthly stocktaking exercise
- Prepares and Submits a Shift Report at the end of each shift.
- Perform any other related duties assigned
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Production and Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in a production environment
- Experience in a similar role would be an asset.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Be a self starter, with leadership abilities
- Possess excellent communication, team-building and process-management skills
- Be flexible, with excellent decision-making and personnel-management skills
- Possess exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Detail oriented.
- People skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both orally and written.