The appointee will be responsible and charged with the conceptualisation through to market of new products, as well as prioritizing customer requirements and the maintenance of an effective sensory evaluation system.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the process in the conceptualisation through to market of new products.
- Revise and evaluate current product line at defined intervals.
- Maintain and develop Raw & Packaging Material specifications.
- Investigate and resolve consumer complaints
- Develop, implement and maintain effective sensory evaluation system
- Ensure full legal compliance for all existing, new, imported and exported products
- Manage existing, as well as new recipes for the Company’s product line.
- Initiate and implement cost reduction ideas for product line and factory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Chemistry or related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Three (3) years’ working experience, preferably in the food manufacturing, or pharmaceutical industry.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of food safety systems
- Good communication, team building and leadership skills