The role supports ensuring all in process checks are being done in accordance with the procedures at IBL and the results are conforming to the established standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of formulations for new products and formulated products, generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility in terms of profitability, resource availability and compliance with regulations
- Coordinate and oversee all production trial products to create prototypes for consumer testing.
- Complete all the necessary trial report at the end of each trial and submit to QA Manager for approval
- Liaise directly with ingredient / packaging suppliers when necessary
- Creates and manage all specifications: Raw Material, Packaging Material, Finished Product, Formulation and Manufacturing Specifications and product profile.
- Ensure current mixing sheets are being used.
- Coordinate package label compliance.
- In partnership with production personnel, assist in overseeing smooth integration of new products into main manufacturing processes.
- Conducts new ingredient and food product research to stay up to date with products on the market while keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Research, test, recommend and improve product quality or cost by modifying formulation of current products or processes.
- Keep up to date on new ingredient and process technologies.
- Coordinates shelf-life testing, ensuring tests are done on a timely basis and issue weekly report on trends.
- Coordinates the management of consumer complaints: review reports, coordinate and conduct root cause analysis, complete report and gap closure.
- Performs product scale-up and new product commissioning.
- Conducts operational data analyses to finalize product and process specifications.
- Coordinates lab trials and sensorial activities in the lab inclusive of lab and production trial and Finished Product Release.
- Tertiary Level Education in Food Chemistry/ Food Technology/ Food Processing/ Baking Technology
- Training in Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP
- Three (3) years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer literacy, to include Microsoft Excel, Word and database management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Analytical and investigative skills
- Good decision making skills