The incumbent will perform cleaning and sanitation activities to ensure warehouses and production areas are kept in a condition suitable to produce safe and quality products.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation of plant equipment, floors, windows and warehouses.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of the work area to include weekly washing of machines and participate in Food Safety and Security programmes when required.
- Record all work performed on cleaning logs.
- Report any anomalies to supervisor.
- Keep cleaning supplies in good working order.
- Must follow GMPs, food safety and safety requirements.
- Discard refuse collected from cleaning activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor/manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education with passes in three (3) CXC subjects including Mathematics and English Language
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Job duties require frequent time on feet.
- May involve working at heights and heavy lifting.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Pays attention to details.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Work as part of a team.