Under direct supervision of the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician will locate, prepare, pack, label and dispense prescribed medication to customers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select drugs from stock for preparation; counts, pours, or mixes same; places pharmaceutical
products in appropriate containers and affixes label to container.
- Monitor prescription inventory for expiry pharmaceutical to be returned to Suppliers.
- Receive prescription and verify the accuracy of patient information
- Enter patient information on system and maintain patient profile
- Respond to enquiries, questions or requests and refer customers to the pharmacist for medical information.
- Perform clerical accounting duties relating to billing.
- Update provider account in terms of payments and follow up re unpaid claims
- Print customers statement on a monthly basis for review by Manager
- Receiving and packing of Pharmaceutical Inventory, including Jadep/NHF stock.
- Filing of Jadep/NHF and all other prescriptions
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Associate Degree
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician
- At least two (2) years proven experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must be fluent with Microsoft applications
- Able to work on weekends and Public Holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Analytical thinker and team oriented
- Performance driven