Interested Candidates are required to have a minimum of
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy Board of Jamaica
- Two (2) years working experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dispensing prescription medicines to the public.
- Ensuring that different treatments are compatible.
- Checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labeled.
- Supervising the preparation of all medicines.
- Keeping a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Liaising with doctors about prescriptions.
- Counseling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments.
- Advising patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments.
- Managing, supervising and training pharmacy support staff.
- Assisting in Inventory and Receivables management of all stock under their immediate supervision.
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practices, new drugs and their uses; sourcing items for patients as the need dictates.