The Pharmacist is responsible for reviewing prescriptions, checking dosage and ensuring medicines are correctly labeled and safely supplied, providing information and advice to patients on the use of medicines and medical devices, organizing the pharmacy, managing inventory and adhering to all legal and ethical guidelines. Additionally, the Pharmacist will have supervisory responsibility for department staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coordinate all related activities within the Customer Service Department.
- Dispense prescription medicines to the public.
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions.
- Monitor the sales of over-the-counter medical products
- Ensure that different treatments are compatible.
- Advise patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other
- Supervise the preparation of any medicines.
- Provide specialist health checks, such as blood pressure monitoring, diabetes screening and temperature checks, etc.
- Keep a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Counsel and advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments.
- Assist in Inventory and Receivables management of all stock under immediate supervision.
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses, sourcing items for patients, as the need dictates.
- Expeditiously resolve customer complaints/issues, communicate with all relevant departments and managers to resolve problems.
- Participate fully in the administration of quarterly stocktaking.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
HR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team including but not limited to coaching, planning, evaluating, rewarding, disciplining and overseeing employee relations for the Department.
- Develop and continuously train team members on all procedures related to the Pharmacy; recommending training courses and establishing training schedule with the HR team.
- Manage staff breaches and action in accordance with the Schedule of Offenses, with the guidance of the HR Department.
- Conduct performance assessments, probation and annual, within set deadlines.
- Establish and enforce service delivery standards for each role and member within the department.
- Develop and enforce department SOPs for each work task/process and monitor KPOs to measure the departments performance and service delivery standards
- Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
- Registration with the Pharmacy Board of Jamaica
- Minimum 2 years' proven experience as a Pharmacist
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Excellent time management and organizing skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and creativity.
- Detail oriented, pays keen attention to accuracy.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to function independently and handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure.
- Very good leadership skills
- Performance driven and team oriented.