Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Occupational Safety, Health & Environment (O.S.H.E.) management system for the company and its operations (both onsite and offsite).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To integrate ISO standards (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001) along with international and local best practices, to strengthen the OSHE programme and support the productivity and profitability goals of the company.
- To champion the OSHE Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment programme, as well as ensuring a focus on BBS and culture building and maintenance.
- To help in developing company-wide O.S.H.E. objectives and key performance indicator goals.
- To develop and implement OSHE related awareness and recognition activities that will promote a culture of compliance among all internal stakeholders, including managers, employees, and contractors.
- To ensure the weekly update of key OSHE statistics and data.
- To ensure full compliance with all applicable OSHE regulatory and legal requirements.
- To identify and track OSHE hazards and non-compliances until corrected.
- To report, investigate and identify hazards and root causes and recommend corrective actions for all incidents / accidents.
- To prepare and submit weekly updates & monthly reports on OSHE activities for the General/Factory Manager and Group S.H.E. Manager.
- To ensure monthly Local S.H.E. Committee meetings are scheduled and held.
- To work with Group SHE Manager and HR Manager to develop the OSHE Competency Matrix and implement the annual training plan.
- To conduct OSHE trainings and orientation as required.
- To conduct daily safety walks, monthly safety inspections and bi-annual OSHE audits at the company.
- To plan and coordinate bi-annual (minimum) emergency drills at the company.
- To ensure all emergency programmes and devices (detection, alarm, and response) are working and in a state-of-readiness as per company schedule or regulatory requirement.
- To provide support on company-related projects in order to identify and mitigate against risks.
- To ensure adequate site procedures are in place to minimize specific risks of the site activities (e.g. hot work permit, risk assessments etc.)
- Participates in Food Safety and Security Programmes as specified by the company.
- To develop and implement environmentally sustainable programmes with focus on reducing, reusing and recycling.
- Attend monthly Group SHE Committee meetings.
- Any other additional duty required by the company to support the OSHE/Food Safety programmes, Policies and corporate initiative of the company.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in Occupational Safety and Health, or related field is preferred
- Training and certification in OSHE Management Systems (e.g. ISO 45001)
- Training in Food Safety Management Systems is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHE regulations (local and international)
- At least two (2) years’ experience in OSHE
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Good investigative and auditing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Be result oriented and complete assignments within the required timelines.
- Committed to strong work ethics; integrity, honesty, and quality.
- Adaptable and willingness to rotate among other companies within the Group, if required.
- Willing to work on shifts, if needed.
External Contacts (Level):
Liaise with external stakeholders, such as government / regulatory agencies, contractors, community, etc.
Authorisation / Confirmation
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform reasonable related duties, if requested by immediate supervisor or other authorised personnel