Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
To carryout IT maintenance activities throughout the Company. Ensure users’ desktop and mobile issues are resolved within agreed timelines, applications and hardware are rolled out to required users, ensure that users have the required access to systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and administration of Windows Server environments with specific emphasis on the following; Active Directory Services,, GPO, WSUS, DHCP, DNS, File and Storage Services, Remote Desktop Services.
- Installation configuration and administration of Microsoft SQL server.
- Installation configuration and administration of Vmware environments and guest servers.
- Installation configuration and administration of Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux Server environments.
- Design, installation, configuration and maintenance of wired and wireless network systems and all related infrastructure such as routers, switches, access points and firewalls
- Installation, configuration and administration of enterprise storage solutions such as Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage and Direct Attached Storage Units.
- Identifying, diagnosing and addressing information security threats.
- Developing and maintaining backup jobs and backup schedules for all information repositories such as file servers and databases, to ensure effective recovery strategy aligned with business requirements.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMWARE virtualized environments, including hosts, networking and storage resources.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the IT Support team members, including addressing escalated technical support issues.
- Visit multiple locations to ensure that information systems infrastructure is optimally maintained.
- Identify, research, and master new technologies related to services that comprise the company’s systems architecture
- Maintain up-to-date network and server related manuals, procedures and other documentation.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
- PMP or other project management designation
- MSCE: Core Infrastructure
- Certification in any of the technical competencies listed above would be an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in; Network Infrastructure, IT Security or Server administration, implementation and administration.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
Excellent hands-on Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows GPO
- Windows server update Servers (WSUS)
- Windows Server Administration and Networking
- Windows Remote Desktop Services
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- VMware ESXI and Vcenter
- McAfee EPO
- Microsoft SQL server administration
- Microsoft Office 365
- Enterprise Server – HP and IBM
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
A massive amount of curiosity and desire to figure out how things work
Internal Contacts (Level):
- Heads of Departments
- General user staff
- Peers and sub-ordinates within the Department
External Contacts (Level):
- Personal Computer suppliers
- Software Licences Providers
- Network setup personnel
- Telephone suppliers and maintenance personnel
- Wireless Communication providers