Ensure proper milking procedure, and maintain a clean milking area to ensure the maximum production and quality of milk produced.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Retrieve herd from pasture for milking.
- Prepare parlour area for animals to come into milking to include:
● Flush, Take down the lines and cleaning them.
● Wash milk tank with recommended cleaning agents.
● Take down clusters and hang them up.
● Change or replaced filters and damaged seals.
- Follow the established standard operating procedure for the milking of cows to including sanitization, Stripping, attaching cluster and post dip.
- Release cows from milking dock and return to pasture immediately.
- At the end of milking session wash milking parlour return cluster to hanging positions and flush lines.
- Any other related duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Heart/NTA Certificate in General Agriculture
- Secondary level education
- Have at least one (1) year experience working on a dairy farm