CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling.
- Make presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector.
- Organise conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with health care team and supporting administrative staff.
- Keep detailed records of all contacts and client visits.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables.
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations.
- Monitor and respond to competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the National Health Service, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly.
- Develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector.
- Perform any other assigned relatable duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the Science field.
- Minimum two (2) years sales experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence and own a reliable motor vehicle.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND SPECIALISED TECHNIQUES
- Principles, techniques and objectives of marketing and sales.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong teamwork and networking skills.
- Outgoing and persuasive attitude.
MUST POSSESS THE ABILITY TO
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities
- Implement and manage a sales program
- Work cooperatively with employees and the general public
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material
- Make basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction etc.) either manually or with a calculator
- Work independently and organise and assign staff to meet deadlines
- Interpret and adhere to rules, regulations and policies when making decisions
- Enter data or information into a computer terminal or other keyboard device