Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for shooting short videos and promotional videos for products and corporate profiles, and providing everyday content for digital media platforms as well as cover events when necessary. The incumbent will also be responsible for capturing photographs for publications (press, brochures, pamphlets, and annual reports), packaging, products, and people.
Key Results Areas
- Filming of videos and promotional material for products on set or on location.
- Ensure that equipment for a shoot is available and in working condition.
- Plan the shoot with the creative team to ensure productions are executed in a timely manner.
- Edit footage during the post-production process of video production.
- Direct other camera operators/team members to ensure that the footage needed is captured with few or no errors.
- Organise photoshoots by liaising with all service providers to ensure a successful shoot.
- Must be able to proficiently set-up camera equipment for video productions.
- Support Brand Identity Designer in developing storyboards for video productions.
- Participate in creative design and imagination sessions for SEPROD.
- Observe and adhere to the Company’s established safety standards
- Perform any other related function as assigned by the Creative & Communications Manager.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in Mass Communication, Fine Arts, or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in video production and editing.
- Proficiency in the use of the range of Microsoft and McIntosh-Apple software and other cutting-edge design and video production applications.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement
- Communication Skills - The ability to relate to employees, customers, and others effectively at all levels within and outside of the organisation.
- Flexibility – The ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and work outside ordinary work hours.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operating Analysis – Analysing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Fluency in business and design terminology.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Positive attitude, flexible personality, and professional demeanour.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Collaborative & Cooperative
- Works towards deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential information
External Contacts (Level):
- Production Companies
- Print Suppliers/Media Partners
- All other Parties as necessary