Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for coordinating and executing the administrative functions of the marketing department and provide support to the Group Marketing Manager which is critical for the smooth operation of the department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Group Marketing Manager in the execution of marketing projects
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and vendors to promote the success of activities that will enhance Seprod’s brands presence.
- Provide strong inter-departmental support – organizing and attending team meetings and activities, and monitoring agreed team KPIs to ensure the department’s success.
- Generate Proposal of Expenditure to facilitate allocation of monies for planned projects for the Marketing Department, for the relevant Seprod brands.
- Generate Purchase Requisitions and process suppliers invoices; collaborating with suppliers and internal departments to ensure timely payment of invoices for Serge, Betty and Gold Seal Flour brands.
- Communicate with management in order to monitor expenses.
- Support the departmental annual budgeting process. Communicate reporting timelines and collaborate with department managers to ensure timely submissions.
- Create and maintain manual and digital filing system to enable easy tracking of all marketing documents and update/ maintain digital storage of collateral as required.
- Assist/provide support to the Brand Executives for brand events, branding, and managing inventory.
- Manage the relationship/communication between the Sales and Merchandising teams from the relevant distributors and provide weekly reports on sales volumes, customer preferences and general feedback, in addition to providing regular updates on trade information, pricing and competitor activities.
- Liaise and manage relationship with the Seprod Foundation in conjunction with the Promotions Associate
- Assist in the commission and execution of external research projects for the Serge, Betty and Gold Seal Flour brands
- Any other marketing related duties as assigned from time to time.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of marketing principles.
- Knowledge of project management would be an asset
- Experience using AS400 and INFOR would be an asset
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- High level of organization and attention to details
- Product knowledge, Quality Focus,
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships. A team player.
- Ability to use Cognos System to generate reports to assist in the decision-making and management of the brands
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to ensure that all are completed on a timely basis.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to work well in teams
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Works well under pressure.
External Contacts (Level):
Liaises with internal customers: All members of the Marketing Team, Sales Team, Purchasing, Accounts, HR, Logistics, Distributors, Suppliers and Advertising Agencies