Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Plan, direct and coordinate the operational activities of the warehouses ensuring that all performance, productivity, efficiency, quality and profitability targets are achieved while observing all standard operating policies and procedures. The role is required to provide a high degree of management and execution of the warehousing logistics function, focused on food safety and continuous improvement; right product, right customer, right time, right quality, right quantity consistently.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct operational process for receiving, warehousing, and distribution by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Implementation of logistical processes for inbound and outbound finished goods in keeping with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the process of compliance with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on required actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Ensures the accuracy of inventory levels in the warehouses by executing cycle counts and quarterly counts in an effective manner.
- Implements the elements of “Quality at our Core” philosophy in the warehouses along with the Quality team.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; manage departmental overheads, ensuring that budgeted expenditure is not exceeded.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Prepare monthly Logistics Report and forward to recipients.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods to all customers in accordance with the service level agreements
- Manages and optimizes on the relationship with the haulage contractors to ensure optimal service in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure that accurate information is forwarded to all key players within the companies on a timely basis.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in housekeeping, food safety, and general safety initiatives as required by the Company.
- Any other related duty as assigned.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Accounting.
- Certified professional training in Inventory Management and procurement.
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar capacity within a manufacturing or distribution entity.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement; Working Conditions:
I.E. Relevant to this position, please mark those that are essential and those that are only desirable
- Knowledge and competence in the Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of inventory planning and accounting programmes – MRP and AS400.
- Sound knowledge of Jamaica statutory regulations: governing shipments, customs, etc.
- Human relations skills
- Analytical skills
- Computation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Decision making and priority setting skills
- Project management
- Customer service skills
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Excellent work ethics
- Impeccable integrity
External Contacts (Level):
I.E. – Interface with external contractors/government bodies etc.
- Haulage Contractors
- Export team
- Intra-company personnel