Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
The role manages the company’s product distribution strategies in collaboration with the Supply Chain Manager and other departments to manage quality, delivery, and logistics and to deliver on our customers’ expectations; the incumbent will keep track of inventory, anticipate demand, and suggest purchases to ensure production continuity; responsible for identifying and anticipating market trends and suggest purchases to maintain suitable stock levels, ensuring sufficient inventory for business functions while managing costs
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly sales forecast while working alongside supply chain partners and monitoring key metrics
- Collaborate with business partners to understand marketing activities, ensure optimal stock levels and plan, and lifecycle management of the product portfolio
- Monitoring the progress of supply planning projects to ensure the meeting of deadlines, budgets, and other requirements
- Communicating with members of the supply chain team, including suppliers, manufacturers, and customers, to ensure alignment with established objectives
- Coordinating and integrating activities such as warehousing and shipping to ensure that materials are delivered on time
- Preparing reports on the status of projects and providing recommendations for improvements to processes or procedures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors to ensure that supply chain needs are being met
- Analyzing data to identify trends and opportunities for improving efficiency in order to reduce costs and increase profits
- Anticipating stock demands based on current and future business functions.
- Analyzing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory.
- Creating inventory reports and presenting suggestions to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials.
- Suggesting changes to inventory warehousing to meet increased or reduced demand.
- Ensure that accurate information is forwarded to all key players within the Company’s locations on a timely basis.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in housekeeping, food safety, and general safety initiatives as required by the Company.
- Any other related duty as assigned.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Supply Chain, Logistics, Management, Economics, Engineering, or related analytical field
- Certified professional training in Inventory Management and procurement.
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in logistics or supply chain management within a manufacturing or
- Detailed knowledge of logistics and inventory management.
- Ability to identify and anticipate stock prices based on market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and present detailed inventory reports.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement; Working Conditions:
I.E. Relevant to this position, please mark those that are essential and those that are only desirable
- Knowledge and competence in the Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of inventory planning and accounting programmes – MRP and AS400.
- Sound knowledge of Jamaica statutory regulations: governing shipments, customs, etc.
- Human relations skills
- Analytical skills
- Computation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Decision making and priority setting skills
- Project management
- Customer service skills
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Excellent work ethics
- Impeccable integrity
External Contacts (Level):
I.E. – Interface with external contractors/government bodies etc.
- Export team
- Intra-company personnel