Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will support the Engineering Function of the Company with the installation, maintenance and repairs of all types of electrical/instrumentation equipment used by the Company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services, installs, repairs, tests and calibrates electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments, such as, flow meters, scales, date code printers, gauges, transmitters, controllers, switches, regulators etc.
- Ensure that electrical machinery and equipment (processing, packing, filling, CIP) are within scope and exceed reliability standards.
- Participates in the planning of maintenance/improvement activities for electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Assists in implementing modifications to plant electrical and instrumentation motor control apparatus/circuits to meet the changing production requirements.
- Examine wiring using diagrams, schematics and instruments to diagnose electrical faults and effect repairs. Maintain generators, switchboards, conductors, storage batteries switches and varied electrical fixtures.
- Carries out preventative and predictive maintenance as per Maintenance plan by performing preventative and predictive maintenance and carries out repairs including calibration to all pneumatic, electrical and electronic instruments and valves to include control valves.
- Diploma in Electrical/Instrumentation engineering from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ working experience as an Electrical/Instrumentation technician within the food manufacturing industry
- Ability to
i. work with microprocessors/PLC systems/solid state circuitry
ii. interpret electronic, instrument and related electrical diagrams