The Logistics and Warehouse Manager holds a key strategic leadership role and support position and is responsible for utilizing Facey’s resources to efficiently & effectively support the functions of the business and meet agreed business goals for the Purchasing, Warehousing and Regulatory Teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist business heads with the financial, operational, staff, process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Lead workflow evaluations, to determine effectiveness and present recommendations for improved work methods, procedures and controls.
- Contribute to future planning and projects with an emphasis on growth, creativity and efficiency..
- Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the division.
- Keep abreast with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines.
- Ensure that medical products being imported comply with regulation.
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
- Manages the efficient running of the receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations through service provider & supervisors/team leaders for receiving and dispatch, maintaining sensitive balance between cost and service.
- Directs the activities of warehouse staff & service provider to ensure optimal performance.
- Prioritize work load assignments and deploys staff as required.
- Manages and ensures adherence to the terms of warehouse service provider contract.
- Ensures that warehouses are adequately prepared for scheduled inventory counts.
- Holds quarterly meetings with haulage contractors to speedily resolve all issues.
- Complies with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Adheres to the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols, ensuring full compliance.
- Evaluates current procedure and methods and in service, safety, quality, cost control, security, efficiencies, housekeeping, sanitation, to ensure agreed objectives/standards are met.
- Analyses data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Works closely with receiving department to verify, upload, and secure product arrivals and minimize demurrage.
- Prepare and approve purchase orders.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with SOP’s and laws.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Supervise and coach employees to achieve high performance standards.
- Establish annual SMART objectives and conduct performance appraisals.
- Coordinate, monitor and have general oversight of all staff and activities in the assigned departments.
- Organize monthly meetings with Departments to review, discuss and resolve service delivery commitments and issues.
- Continuously work towards excellence in processes and controls through observation of operational systems and daily processes.
- Provide monthly reports to management on all aspects of the operational cycle.
- Review financial reports and data to improve efficiency.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedure to maximize output.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Develop policy and procedures (SOP) creation, implementation and review in conjunction with the management team.
- Work with Senior Management on issues relating to Audits and Risk Management.
- Oversee business continuity policy and execute when necessary i.e. disaster preparedness.
- Administer quarterly training on Health and Safety requirements.
- Work with the General Manager to plan the effective utilization of Human Resource.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Clearly define and communicate department objectives
- Develop and enforce department SOPs for each work task/process.
- Prepare monthly report on the departments operations based on KPIs
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the department.
- Establish and enforce service delivery standards for each role standards for each role and member within the department.
- Develop team programmes to support the organisation’s business strategy.
- Provide a motivating work environment to support teams and departments where necessary.
- Manage and direct team through sound personnel practices such as:
- Relevant and effective inductions
- Performance management; conduct performance assessments, probation and annual, within set deadlines. Manage staff KPOs in accordance with Performance Management tools and with the guidance of the HR department to ensure set objectives are consistently met by the team.
- Identify and recommend training needs; assist in the training & development of staff by recommending training courses and establishing training schedules with the HR team.
- Lead teams including but not limited to training, coaching, planning, evaluating, rewarding, disciplining and overseeing employee relations for the Department.
- Coaching; Foster a customer-centric work environment by developing and implementing performance standards to enhance productivity for each employee.
- Issuing and administering continuous training on Departments SOPs
- Administer discipline for breech of conducts and SOPs in accordance with the company schedule of offences.
- Recognize and commend team member for excellent work and contribution to the teams.
Kindly note that this Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by the incumbent of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be modified at any time with or without notice.
- To ensure internal service delivery standards are maintained.
- To ensure variable operation costs are verified and within budget.
The Logistics Manager is responsible and accountable for:
- The general quality for his/her performance within the scope of the duties and responsibilities that have been assigned.
- Delivery of staff performance standards via Performance Appraisal
- Performing additional duties and responsibilities as circumstances dictate.
- Compliance with the Company SOPs and policies.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of Facey Commodity Company Limited.
- Maintain a good relationship between the Division and its customers through his/her personal dealing with them.
- Promote and Maintain effective working relationships with external service providers.
- Present a good personal image to ALL those persons with whom contact is made.
- A tertiary degree in Logistics and Operations Management, Business Management, General Management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a Management, Leadership or Supervisory role
- Sound knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Product regulation and distribution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Time Management, Customer Service Skills and Analytical Skills.
- Team Leadership and People Management Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Must be Computer Literate and Proficient in MS suites.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate a team to achieve high performance standards.
- Detailed Oriented, Attentive and Accurate.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and creativity.
- Must be able to function independently and handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to improve on and Maintain systems based on quality standards.
- Excellent Written and, Oral communication and Problem Solving skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills
- External: Maintain a pleasant and effective relationship with the Division’s Customers
- Internal: CEO, General Manager, Human Resource, Sales Manager, Marketing Department, Purchasing department, Other Department Heads, Sales & Customer Service teams, Clerks, Haulage Contractor, Warehouse Personnel
WORKING HOURS & CONDITION
This role is a full time position, operating between the hours of 8 am – 5 pm. However, please note that the duties and responsibilities of this role may require you to work beyond standard operating hours as the need arises and your co-operation is anticipated. The position requires work out of office environment, use of personal vehicle and a Valid Driver’s License is required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
All employees must adhere to the Health and Safety policies of Facey Commodity Company Limited and especially practice safe and responsible drinking habits to ensure sobriety while representing the company at events and while attending company functions.