Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
The Learning and Development Coordinator is required to collaborate with the Learning and Development Manager to analyze the training needs of staff, develop interventions, implement training programmes, and assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training interventions and programmes across the Group of Companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with managers, supervisors, other employees and Human Resources managers to identify areas where additional training would be beneficial.
- Coordinate the implementation of these training programmes by working with Learning and Development Manager, external vendors or in-house staff.
- Coordinate innovative learning and development programs that support the full employment lifecycle, including onboarding, career development, wellness, succession planning, and management and leadership development. Program development and delivery facilitated both online and in person.
- Reviews needs, evaluate gaps, researches best practices, and under the direction of the L & D manager implement successful and innovative learning and development programs.
- Monitor and evaluate program processes and procedures, maintains records, and tracks development outcomes.
- Apply adult learning theory to coordinate customized learning opportunities.
- Administer tools and instruments to continually monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of programs and makes needed adjustments.
- Support learning and development program activities including forming committees, scheduling, event logistics, and vendor relations.
- Use Learning Management Systems (LMS) to complete work activities and provide systems to users and resolves systems issues and work with vendors as needed
- Develops integrated talent/performance/learning reports, dashboards, and portals in support of the learning organization, and ensure LMS data is leveraged within the organization.
- Serves as the data custodian of the LMS and provide support to internal and external clients ensuring user experiences are positive and creates resources providing information and services.
- Coordinates and monitor online training, resources and technologies to support organizational development.
- Maintains technical expertise and knowledge of best practices in online educational trends, changes and developments, and service strategies.
- Recommends new approaches, modifications, or changes that will improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Ensures programs are accessible and coordinates with HRM and Managers as needed to ensure that KPI information can be easily obtained and reported in a timely manner and is fit for purpose for both internal and external audit requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support overall organization and employee development initiatives.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Human Resource
- Development or Other Equivalent Qualification
- Professional training/certification in Training Management
- At least two (2) years of experience working in the Human Resource Department (Training Unit) or other related experience(s)
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Sound Knowledge of relevant computer software and applications
- Sound knowledge of emerging and diverse training delivery techniques
- Excellent presentation, written, oral, and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and planning skills
- Ability to travel island wide.
Internal Contacts (Level):
- Heads of Department across the group
- Staff members across the group