Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Provides support to the HR Manager in the execution of the HR generalist functions including recruitment, training and development, labour management relations and benefits administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the recruitment process by assisting with the scheduling of interviews and orientation exercises.
- Support the Training programme by dispatching timely advisory to staff, HODs and Trainers.
- Maintaining schedules and training records, submitting weekly and monthly training info to the Human Resource Manager.
- Assist the HRM with benefits administration-Health Insurance, Accident & Group Life, Retirement Pension etc.
- Assist the HRM with job offers/contracts for new recruits (below clerical level).
- Provide staff support by assisting with staff (below clerical level) concerns, employment and salary verification letters to embassies, banks and other institutions.
- Input meal Allowance for payment to staff –weekly, monthly.
- Assist the HRM with the arrangements for Plant/Educational tours for visitors, schools and other approved institutions.
- Assist the HRM with the arrangements for welfare activities and company functions including seminars, award functions and staff socials.
- Assist the HRM in making hotel reservations where required.
- Assist the HRM with preparing and posting staff notices –intercompany communications, new hires, exits, deaths, births etc.
- Maintain accurate inventory of supplies to the department to include office supplies, tea supplies and stationery.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages for the department via company Driver/Bearer or other deliveries.
- Maintain accurate record keeping for the department, inclusive of electronic and physical files
- Perform any other related duties assigned.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- First Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field such as Business Administration, Industrial Relations or Psychology.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Human Resources
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Computer Literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of local labour laws
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good time management, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
External Contacts (Level):
- General service providers, training agencies and educational institutions
- Labour service providers
- Applicants and prospective employees