The role is an integral aspect of people leadership; it is responsible for developing and maintaining the Company’s human resource plan in alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives and should originate and lead human resources practices that will provide an employee-oriented and high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality and productivity.
- Plan and direct the daily HR services at assigned location in keeping with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for implementing human resource policies and procedures as required.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to streamline systems and responsibilities for organizational development to include organizational structure and job design.
- Manage the staffing requirements and the recruitment process for direct and outsourced labour to include job posting, interview, selection and job offers.
- Track employee metrics as the basis for periodic reporting; to assist with workforce planning, organizational development, and strategic planning.
- Organize and execute orientation programmes for new employees, visitors and contractors to ensure that such persons are effectively educated on Company rules, regulations and expectations. Additionally, plan re orientation sessions for existing employees and contractors as is necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the strategic approach to training to include training needs analysis, training designs and internal consultancy, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization while attracting and retaining key contributors.
- Manage the performance appraisal systems; ensuring timely evaluations and where applicable, determine appropriate corrective measures for improving performance.
- Manage employee separation programmes to include termination with/without cause, resignation, retirements, and redundancy exercises.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Human Resource management team and the Payroll department to effectively manage employee compensation and benefits including insurance and retirement schemes, meal allowances and educational assistance.
- Manage leave administration and personnel records via the human resource management information system.
- Implement employees’ welfare initiatives on a quarterly basis and partner with the Seprod Sports and social club to ensure staff involvement.
- Manage the staff canteen and concessionaire service to ensure proper maintenance of the facility and good quality food service to employees.
- Responsible for ensuring proper identification of employees and contractors through the issuing of valid staff ID cards and temporary gate passes where applicable.
- Manage the internal communication process by conducting general staff meetings; participate in departmental meetings and the posting of notices to ensure effective dissemination of information across all levels.
- Oversee employees’ safety and occupational health initiatives and collaboratively work on Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Planning and Safety Committees.
- Support the company’s food safety programmes to include HACCP, GMP and FSMA, FSSSC and manage the personnel related requirements.
- Conduct disciplinary hearings and effect disciplinary measures in keeping with the Company’s code of conduct.
- Provide guidance to functional managers on employee relations, grievance procedure, disciplinary code and the requirements of the labour laws.
- Provide leadership to employees in relation to company rules and regulation, deportment, socialization and acceptable professional behavior through counseling and mentoring.
- Manage subordinates and provide proper guidance for career development towards upward succession within the hierarchy.
- Prepare and manage the human resource operational budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Management with Human Resource Management major.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience in Human Resource Management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working Knowledge of HR Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applications
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems software
- A pragmatic and ‘on the ground’ leader with a proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, facilitate productive relations and broker consensus.
- A sound combination of commercial acumen, technical and operational knowledge, and analytical skills.
- The technical capability and tenacity to gain the confidence of the management team and drive organizational change processes.
- A confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, highly responsive to issues, who works well under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.