The role is an integral aspect of people leadership; it is responsible for developing and maintaining the Company’s human resource plan in alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives and should originate and lead human resources practices that will provide an employee-oriented and high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality and productivity.
- Plan and direct the daily HR services at assigned location in keeping with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for implementing human resource policies and procedures as required.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to streamline systems and responsibilities for organizational development to include organizational structure and job design.
- Manage the staffing requirements and the recruitment process for direct and outsourced labour to include job posting, interview, selection and job offers.
- Track employee metrics as the basis for periodic reporting and to assist with workforce planning, organizational development, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for ensuring the strategic approach to training to include training needs analysis, training designs and internal consultancy, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization while attracting and retaining key contributors.
- Manage the performance appraisal systems; ensuring timely evaluations and where applicable, determine appropriate corrective measures for improving performance.
- Manage the staff canteen and concessionaire service to ensure proper maintenance of the facility and good quality food service to employees.
- Oversee employees’ safety and occupational health initiatives and collaboratively work on Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Planning and Safety Committees.
- Support the company’s food safety programmes to include HACCP, GMP and FSMA, FSSSC and manage the personnel related requirements.
- Provide guidance to functional managers on employee relations, grievance procedure, disciplinary code and the requirements of the labour laws.
- Prepare and manage the human resource operational budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Management with Human Resource Management major.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience in Human Resource Management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working Knowledge of HR Data Analytics, the Microsoft suite of applications and Human Resource Information Systems software
- A pragmatic and ‘on the ground’ leader with a proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, facilitate productive relations and broker consensus.
- A sound combination of commercial acumen, technical and operational knowledge, and analytical skills.
- The technical capability and tenacity to gain the confidence of the management team and drive organizational change processes.
- A confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, highly responsive to issues, who works well under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you have the “can do” attitude, drive and resilience to fill this challenging role, please apply below indicating your suitability against the requirements.
We thank all interested applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.