To function as main liaison between employees and the payroll team, receiving calls, logging information, providing resolution as well as deploying the queries to the relevant Payroll Clerk.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
. Investigate and respond to queries made by employees.
- Receive, log and batch payroll queries reported by staff, follow up and provide assistance to resolve problems.
- Liaise with payroll team on problems reported, collaborate towards resolution.
- Ensure resolution of reported issues is completed and reflected in upcoming payroll run or within one week of being reported
- Follow up with employees to provide feedback on the resolution of payroll problems
- Liaise with HR and Line Managers to identify and resolve payroll problems.
- Request feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve communication.
- Collate and classify data on type of calls and queries handled on a monthly basis
- Analyse common complaints and problems, assess frequency of these and document repeat issues.
- Prepare reports on payroll call issues as required.
- Assist in preparing NIS, NHT letters and P-24/P-45 as per request from employees or ex-employees.
- Carry out payroll duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Training in telephone techniques
- Training in customer service skills
- Competence with Microsoft suite of applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to assist employees to resolve payroll issues
- Ability at report writing
- Teamworking skills