Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the execution of creative concepts and for designing solutions to support the branding and design strategy of the Seprod Group. The incumbent will design and maintain a suite of Point-of-Sale Material for all brands, develop social media posts, and create internal and external communication pieces for the Seprod Group of Companies.
Key Results Areas
- Assist in the development of character ideas for product packaging and advertising.
- Create Character sketches for product packages and advertising.
- Illustrate and animate approved Character sketches for further use in the development of creative works.
- Develop animated characters for support of digital media advertising and promotions.
- Assist in the conceptualising of design ideas for advertising and product promotions.
- Design customised promotional material and spatial set up for Seprod.
- Ensure the Company’s participation in trade shows and other promotional events.
- Provide creative design for promotional and collateral material in line with the standards of the Seprod Group of Companies.
- Support the Brand Identity Designer in developing new contemporary design formats, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery for new product packaging.
- Participate in creative design and imagination sessions for Seprod.
- Observe and adhere to the Company’s established safety standards
- Perform any other related function as assigned by the Creative & Communications Manager.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in Mass Communications, Fine Arts, Advertising, or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in graphic design, packaging design or advertising.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement
- Communication Skills - The ability to relate to employees, customers, and others effectively at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Flexibility – The ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and work outside ordinary work hours.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operating Analysis – Analysing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Fluency in business and design terminology.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Positive attitude, flexible personality, and professional demeanour.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Collaborative & Cooperative
- Works towards deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential information
External Contacts (Level):
- Production Companies
- Print Suppliers/Media Partners
- All other Parties as necessary