Objective/Purpose of the Job:
Supports the function of the Quality Department to plan, implement and monitor food safety and quality procedures and activities; develop inspection procedures and techniques; and coordinate the review process for food safety and quality documents and procedures and take corrective actions when necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systems- FSSC & ISO 9001: Organize and supervise the proper implementation and maintenance of FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001.
- Manage the review, update, implementation and verification of the HACCP and prerequisite programs. Deliver training as required. Substitute Food Safety Team Leader.
- Coordinate and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance to internal and external standards and requirements (e.g., ISO, regulatory, supplier, GMP). Report end results and guide corrective action as required. Conduct follow-up activities as necessary and evaluate the adequacy of the actions taken to reduce or eliminate the non-conformities.
- Coordinate regulatory, second and third party audits.
- Manage the supplier approval program from a Quality and Food Safety perspective in conjunction with purchasing in effort to maintain the approved supplier database including the conducting of supplier audits as necessary.
- Assist with the management of housekeeping and sanitation programs including validation and verification studies accordingly for production operations.
- Lead and manage the activities of the Food Defence and Food Fraud program.
- Manage the correction and corrective action system and ensure the performance of structured root cause analysis after non-conformances are found. Host RCA. Report on system’s status at minimum monthly.
- Schedule and execute traceability and mock recall exercises and drive improvements as necessary.
- Assist Q.A. Manager in coordinating the activities of the Food Safety Team. Generate applicable reports/minutes.
- Ensure training of personnel within CPL to increase awareness of the implemented food safety and quality systems.
- Maintain change management program.
- Keep abreast of changing information in regard to food safety and quality (includes regulatory, statutory, customer and certification body requirements). Facilitate the implementation of these identified changes by communicating same with the department it will impact and assisting them to develop clear and achievable implementations plans.
- Maintain legal and other registry of applicable local and international requirements (raw materials and finished product as per selling country’s Food Safety and Quality requirements); Verify and provide feedback to compliance.
- Manage the document and record control system according to standard: This includes guiding creation, storage, categorization, sharing, reviewing as per review anniversary and archiving and / or destruction.
- Trend and review all data collected to determine and report patterns.
- Perform any other duties duly assigned
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc. Degree in Food Science related subject with Minor in Microbiology.
- Minimum two (2) year working experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Trained and experienced in advanced HACCP, Internal Auditing, FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 (Lead Auditor).
Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (specifically, Excel & Microsoft Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams including cross functional departments
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good use of initiative/ proactive
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Results focused
- Good organization and prioritization skills
External Contacts (Level):
- Quality / Standards Certification Institutions.
- Regulatory/ Government Institutions
- Laboratory Services Providers