Provide the technical advice (directly and/or through external advisers/consultants) necessary to optimize the productivity, costs, quality and food safety of the manufacturing processes of oils and fats. Oversee the management of all departmental functions and ensure delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), established for the manufacturing plant. Deploy manufacturing strategies throughout the organization to continuously improve efficiency while achieving financial objectives.
- Direct and manage all plant departmental processes, functions and personnel, including Production, Engineering, QA and R&D/ Innovation, Logistics & Planning, and deliver on business objectives.
- Lead the achievement of sustained business results by evaluating and assigning the necessary resources for the fulfillment of objectives and goals among factory personnel, communicating to employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors all information related to production and preventive measures to ensure consistent operation controls at the facility.
- To establish the factory objectives and goals based on the Company’s strategic plans
- To promote continuous improvement through the organization. .
- Assigning the necessary human and economic resources to fulfill Seprod’ s production requirements and for achievement of applicable regulatory standards.
- Ensure that all related operational functions are integrated and that mandatory principles, norms and instructions are adhered to for maintaining agreed Quality and food safety standards and for constantly improving them.
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports, Plant Supervisors, and line Team Leaders.
- Develop the plant organization at all levels including staffing and development of operations talent pool.
- Coordinate with external suppliers/contractors to ensure adequate resources and support are allocated to the plant.
- Participate in weekly Executive Management Meetings.
- Prepare and present quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and represent SDL in Board meetings.
- Coordinate with peer managers from Marketing, IT, Procurement, Human Resources and Finance.
- Manage the budget planning process and monitor budget compliance and execution.
- Ensure Plant’s legal compliance with all local/governmental regulations.
- Work with the other Factory Managers in the Group in understanding their business requirements and develop Plant/Group initiatives.
- Initiate and lead Plant engagement and communication with external agencies, organisations, suppliers and contractors
- Participate in housekeeping, food safety, and general safety initiatives as required by the Company.
- Any other additional duty required by the facility including support for programs, policies and corporate initiatives of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or similar.
- Proven experience in production, engineering and/or quality of refining plants and transformation of vegetable oils and fats for a minimum of 10 years at
- Desirable Experience: FSSC, HACCP, SPC, ISO certified.