The incumbent will oversee all buildings and infrastructure-related activities, ensuring that facilities are maintained and preserved in good condition and are safe and well-functioning. He/she will be well-organized and be able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
- Plan and coordinate all building installations, refurbishments and repairs to infrastructure including plumbing, masonry, telecommunications and electricity
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet the Company’s health and safety standards
- Inspect building structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise external contractors
- Administer control activities on premises such as parking space allocation, waste disposal and building security.
- Assist with the allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- At least three 3 years experience in a similar capacity, with emphasis on infrastructure/facilities maintenance and development
- Training and certification in electrical and building designs and standards
- Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Training in Project Management would be an asset
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday March 3, 2023. We thank all interested applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.