The incumbent will oversee all buildings and infrastructure-related activities, ensuring that facilities are maintained and preserved in good condition and are safe and well-functioning. He/she will be well organized and be able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
- Apply engineering principles in the planning, development, design, and maintenance of facilities and various building structures. Coordinate all building installations, refurbishments, and repairs to infrastructure including plumbing, masonry, telecommunications, and electricity
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet the Company’s health and safety standards
- Inspect building structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise external contractors
- Administer control activities on premises such as parking space allocation, waste disposal, and building security.
- Assist with the allocation of office space according to needs
- Prepare maintenance reports and monitor the progress of jobs/projects. Provide timely updates to include job status, machine downtime etc.
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Interpret various types of mechanical diagrams as well as electrical and instrument drawings
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve mechanical/electrical problems consistent with established standards, regulations and laws.
- Service install, repair, and test electronic circuits and systems. Test farm machinery and equipment to include vacuum systems, pumps, air compressors, boilers, valves, heat exchangers, motors, electrical switchgear, transformers, electrical controllers, lighting systems, cooling equipment, etc. Manage deep well pump operation.
- Coordinate with the Stores to manage the procurement of supplies and equipment spares, while maintaining minimum prudent stock levels
- Review and update equipment and asset listing, preventative maintenance schedules, and job plans
- Keep financial and non-financial records
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- At least three 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity, with emphasis on infrastructure/ facilities maintenance and development
- Training and certification in electrical and building designs and standards
- Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Training in Project Management would be an asset