The role supports the engineering function of the company with the installation, maintenance and repairs of all types of electrical equipment used by the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service, install, repair, test, calibrate, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus; make decisions for the appropriate corrective measures, and carry out the repairs.
- Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics with minimal assistance from the supervisor or engineer and relate these in expediting assigned tasks.
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment.
- Prepare written reports for the instrumentation jobs done on the respective shift; to include log reports and filling out work order sheets.
- Support the planning of maintenance activities for instrumentation equipment.
- Assist in implementing modifications to plant instrumentation to meet the changing production requirements.
- Maintain and secure all tools assigned for the execution of job function.
- Participate in Food Safety and Security activities when required, and perform good housekeeping on all jobs assigned.
- Diploma or equivalent in electrical engineering / technology from an accredited institution
- Ability to interpret electronic, instrument and related electrical diagrams.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with microprocessors / PLC systems
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment
- Detailed oriented with good time management