The incumbent will assist with the installation, maintenance and repair of the plants’ electrical and automation control systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend to the repairs and preventive maintenance of electrical and systems automation equipment within the Engineering department and Seprod Compound.
- Maintain operations of all electrical and systems automation equipment, devices and related activities on Seprod compound.
- Ensure that repair work is done promptly and effectively as to minimize loss of production time.
- Design and install simple electrical circuitry.
- Install and maintain instrumentation and control system equipment
- Ensure all practices conform to company standards as well as national electrical standards and codes.
- Maintain daily log of Instrumentation and system automation maintenance events on designated shift using maintenance request form.
- Record all preventive and corrective maintenance done on equipment.
- Complete all weekly 5S Engineering Field Audit as required by department.
- Participate in house- keeping, food safety, and general safety initiatives as required by the Company.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or equivalent in electrical or Instrumentation engineering / technology from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years working experience as an electrical, Instrumentation, or systems control technician
- Understands industrial electrical systems (high and low voltages)
- Experience with Instrumentation and/or systems automation control
- Understands motors & controls (installation and maintenance)
- Understands standby generator (operation and maintenance)
- Knowledge of Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) – basic operation
- Ability to work from electrical schematics (familiar with local electrical codes)
- Ability to plan, design, sketch out, build, test, adjust and place in service complex electrical systems
- Working knowledge of PLCs and electrical distribution facilities