Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
To ensure documentation as required by ISO, FSSC, OSHAS or any other identified quality related international standard, are satisfactorily established and implemented within the SEPROD Group.
To ensure that products manufactured or distributed by the SEPROD Group to both local and international markets, are in compliance with pertinent regulations for manufacturing and labelling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain a standard integrated documentation system that encompasses the ISO, FSSC, OHSAS documentation requirements which are being adoptedby the SEPROD Group and at the varying levels (i.e. External references, Industry Best Practices, Group and Facility).
- Create an integrated Quality /SHE Manual at the Group level that outlines the system requirements, inclusive of format and a unique numbering system.
- Ensure that all documentation templates are current and available to the end user with an assigned sequential number, on request.
- Collaborate with Quality and /or SHE representatives within the SEPROD Group to ensure the pertinent documentations are available, current and accurate.
- Perform verification checks of submitted documentation from the facilities within the SEPROD Group to ensure compliance with ISO, FSSC and standards.
- Responsible for document control security – assigning access (Author, approver, read/print user) removing and archiving/destroying obsolete documents.
- Assist with the Development of standard quality procedures and practices for the Seprod Group
- Research and keep quality teams updated on latest trends and practices relating to quality and food safety within the industry.
- Participate in ISO Audits
- Create and maintain a legal registry for all manufacturing and labelling regulations for both local and export markets
- Verify the ingredients and labels of current and/ or future products to ensure regulatory compliance within the destined market.
- Train personnel within the Group on the documentation system and regulatory requirements.
- Liase with BSJ and other external organisations such as Codex and WHO to ensure new regulatory procedures are compatible with practices at SEPROD
- Perform other duties that may be designated by the Group Quality Manager.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma or Graduate from a tertiary institution
- Certified Internal Auditor for Quality Systems
- Certified training in ISO Standard(s) (ISO 22002 , ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001)
- At least 1 year’s experience administrative role at a food establishment
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Computer literate with advanced training in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good research skills
- Research Writing skills
External Contacts (Level):
- Government regulatory agencies (Bureau of Standards, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Industry, Investment & Commerce (FSPI)
- Third part auditors
- EU regulations council
- ISO Certifying Body