Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for overseeing SEPROD’s social media strategy and internal social communication. The incumbent will also be responsible for administrating the organisation’s overall social profile and will identify new and innovative opportunities for leveraging social media to drive desired business results and increase sales.
Key Results Areas
- Develop and implement creative and highly measurable social media marketing strategies and programmes
- Manage the social community of the Seprod Group of Companies and the brands that are sold under its umbrella (Serge, Butterkist, Betty, Supligen, Goldseal, Eve, SEPROD)
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities for social media campaigns, including but not limited to outreach/social efforts, sales /push promotions, customer complaints/inquiries, developing brand advocates and influencers
- Analyse and evaluate both existing and potential social media activities and strategies
- Identify, interpret, and capitalise upon new social media trends
- Develop and drive execution of social media calendar and posting schedule
- Partner with the content creation team to generate a full spectrum of custom content
- Work with merchandising and marketing teams to ensure that social media strategies are in alignment with overall branding and communication strategies
- Use social media listening tools to monitor online conversations
- Effectively monitor and report on social media strategies and results and implement improvements as required
- Own special marketing projects as required, especially regarding new and innovative ways to drive business and increase online sales.
- Observe and adhere to the Company’s safety standards
- Perform any other related function as assigned by the Creative & Communications Manager.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Project management and organisation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Minimum 2 years related experience
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement
- Communication Skills - The ability to relate to employees, customers, and others effectively at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Flexibility – The ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and work outside ordinary work hours.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operating Analysis – Analysing situations to create the most appropriate response.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Collaborative & Cooperative
- Works towards deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential information
External Contacts (Level):
- Production Companies
- Media Partners
- All other Parties as necessary