The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and quality of data, and presenting timely information to improve decision-making. The successful candidate will be working with stakeholders to actively source, integrate, prepare, model, explore and present data and make recommendations as needed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support data sourcing initiatives across the group, to extract and integrate data from multiple sources, improve digitizing efforts via custom or off-the-shelf software integrations
- Identifying obsolete information, and assessing quality, and meaning of data for continuous cleansing initiatives
- Support data mining projects to measure business performance while using predictive analytics and statistical programming languages to improve the performance of future campaigns and exploit opportunities for growth
- Manage the use of analytical tools to create and monitor key performance indicators and outcome metrics; identify, analyze, and interpret patterns in large, complex data sets.
- Develop database queries using programming language tools to extract, transform, and load data for analytics, insights, and business operational activities.
- Maximize productivity, process efficiency, and quality through streamlined workflows, process standardization, documentation, audits, and investigations periodically.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Support business units in project management and tracking through SDLC and support quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Document data interfaces and data mappings, enforcing data dictionary consistency for data elements and metadata management.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in data science, analytics, and data visualization platforms; seek out continuing education, certification, and training opportunities; stay current with market trends and continually improve strategies, tactics, and techniques; evaluate emerging technologies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or related discipline with experience with data analysis, modeling, design, development
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant work experience
- Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence experience with data sourcing, integration, and quality projects
- Sound knowledge of data architecture, standards, and data governance in relational and non-relational databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel
- Proficient in visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos Analytics, or Power BI
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python and R
- Proficient in SQL and other database-accessing languages
- Excellent leadership and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data
- Excellent communication skills
In an effort to capture all applicants, we are extending the deadline for this job. Therefore, if you applied for any of our jobs in December, we are asking that you resubmit your application.