To act as a liaison with Suppliers, develop marketing plans to maximize consumer demands for the Division’s product lines and efficiently manage the forecasting and procurement of inventory whilst continuously looking for new business opportunities for the Division.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops and manages annual budgets for sales and profit for assigned brand portfolio.
- Works with Principals in the development of marketing plans, as well as budgets for depletions and A&P spend in line with Company objectives.
- Monitors costing worksheets and makes price adjustments as necessary to meet profitability, volume and market share objectives.
- Ensures forecasts are updated monthly; orders placed and acknowledged to hold optimum inventory levels
- Manages stock to optimize inventory turns and liquidate SLOBs
- Develops and implements Brand Plans to achieve defined internal and supplier objectives
- Guides Sponsorships & Promotions team in negotiations with event promoters to ensure adherence to brand strategies.
- Pays regular visits to key accounts to ensure efficient and effective service.
- Monitors trends of department’s products and keeps Sales, Brand Management and Promotions teams fully informed of objectives, progress and future plans.
- Works with Advertising Agencies and media vendors to implement advertising plans and media deployment.
- Ensures that claims for suppliers’ share of the expenses are sent to Principals as required and that they are settled in a timely manner.
- Creates reports and presentations as requested
- Works with Research Agencies as required, to monitor Brand Performance or Advertising efficacy. Evaluate results to determine brand health and make recommendations going forward.
- Works with Marketing and Sales teams and Key customers to formulate designs for display units for both the On-trade and Off-trade to constantly improve visual standards.
- Performs other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years brand management experience in a FMCG environment with at least three (3) years at a senior managerial level ; sales and supply chain exposure will be an asset
- Experience in managing multi-million dollar sales and A&P budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Works closely with senior management, marketing, sales, logistics and merchandising teams
- Maintains close working relationships with Principals
- Interacts regularly with external customers on the trade
Key Performance Indicators:
- Brand Plan targets
- Sales targets
- Stock / Orders (planned vs. actual)
- Budgets (planned vs. actual)
- Reporting (accuracy, timeliness)