The Chief Accountant is in-charge of all financial and management accounting activities inclusive of preparing financial and performance reports, assisting with annual budgets, forecasting and reviews with the Standards and Levels required by the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards and IAS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Record, classify and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Coordinate with external auditors to execute annual auditing functions.
- Supervision the day-to-day operation of the accounting staff and process.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Timely and Accurate Financial Reporting – to include Income Statements, Balance sheets, Cashflows, Fundings, Forecast and operating, and Financial Metrics.
- Responsible for COGNOS automated reporting and metrics.
- Produce monthly Variance Analysis with actual month and YTD results available of; performance evaluation versus budget and prior year’s target.
Interested Candidates are required to have a minimum of
- Tertiary degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 5 years working experience in a senior financial analyst or management role
- ACCA 3 / CPA professional certification
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and accounting principles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Excellent Time Management, Customer Service Skills and analytical skills.
- Must be able to function independently and handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure.