The Cashier is responsible for registering sales on a cash register and completing transactions quickly, accurately and with integrity. Additionally, the Cashier will contribute to a positive team environment by working collaboratively with team members and improving the customer experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide positive customer experience; resolve customer issues or complaints courteously and in a timely and professional manner.
- Process daily monetary transactions from customers including cash, credit and debit cards payments.
- Reconcile transactions on a daily basis.
- Prepare bank lodgments and update the system on a daily basis.
- Maintain organized file records
- Prepare and disseminate reports to Supervisor within the set time frames.
- Prepare, post and file daily cash reports
- Assist with other assignments in the department when requested
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including security protocols and cash handling policies
- Associate Degree in Accounting, CAT or similar discipline
- Five (5) CXC General Subjects including Mathematics or Accounts and English Language.
- Minimum three (3) years working experience in a similar capacity.
- Proven customer service and cashier experience
- Must be fluent with Microsoft applications
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and Public Holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle and manipulate cash and other forms of payment with accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Analytical thinker and team oriented
- Performance driven
- Meticulous in execution