BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Develops the strategic plan for the growth and development of the assigned portfolio by being the commercial driver and the key interface aligning all stakeholders. Champions the development and execution of the portfolio’s strategic objectives by analysing existing customers & products and critically exploring new opportunities, customers, products and channels in the relevant markets as applicable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives the achievement of the assigned business volume, revenue, profit, distribution, brand equity and visibility targets by stakeholder alignment.
- Actively manages the assigned portfolio and rationalizes accordingly
- Coach, train and lead team members in the achievement of the objectives.
- Develops SOP’s, guidelines and policies for the assigned areas of responsibility ensuring business continuity.
- Develops relationships with the key customers in all market segments along with other business partners/suppliers etc.
- Liaises internally between sales, trade marketing, marketing and all other stakeholders to ensure that the objectives are met.
- Manages the innovation pipeline for the assigned portfolio, where applicable
- Develops market tables for the categories under management, utilizing consumer past and future consumer trends
- Consistently reviews key performance indicators for the assigned area (volume, distribution, pricing, product mix, service levels, marketing spend) and puts in place action steps to correct any unfavorable variances against plans and accelerate successes.
- Develops impactful Market Research (customer needs, satisfaction, new product opportunities, etc.) which provides a pulse on our brands and consumers, ensuring the decisions taken are consumer centric as per agreed objectives
- Develops optimum inventory levels in collaboration with the Logistics team in order to ensure the availability of optimum saleable stocks
- Collaborates to develop annual case, revenue, profitability and expense budgets.
- Develops Trade and Marketing plans in order to achieve the portfolio objectives.
- Maintains an ongoing Brand Tool kit… competitor activity, market size, market share, distribution, price positioning, shelf space for top accounts and brand assets.
- Planning and overseeing the allocation and execution of above and below the line marketing activities.
- Ensures the compliance with all company policies and procedures, and ensures ethical and legal conduct in accordance with brand objectives.
- Analysing, and interpreting market information to develop strategic marketing responses.
- Keeps abreast of market nuances and national legislation that could impact portfolio and develops plans to mitigate the same.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Clearly define and communicate department objectives.
- Development and enforce department SOPs for each work task/process.
- Prepare a monthly report on the department's operations based on set KPIs.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the department.
- Establish and enforce service delivery standards for each role and member within the department.
- Develop team programmes to support the organisation’s business strategy.
- Provide a motivating work environment to support the team and other departments where necessary.
- Tertiary degree in Marketing, Management, Business or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years management experience in sales/marketing of pharmaceutical products.