Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
The role is responsible for managing the end-to-end process for strategy, development and execution of year-round integrated marketing plans for assigned brands and executing with excellence. The Brand Manager will be the brand equity custodian and ensure alignment to our brand guidelines, anticipate customer trends and keep the brand aligned with customer/consumer needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of through-the-line campaigns for the Jamaica market from briefing to concept development, final production, execution and evaluation.
- Assist in developing productive and effective relationships with our creative agency team and/or partners.
- Use market research and consumer insight to develop communication strategies that achieve and enhance marketing/commercial objectives.
- Provide essential brand direction to internal and external teams to aid brand activation and cohesive communication.
- Drive the development of cross-discipline plans by working closely with and gathering inputs from all internal stakeholders and partnerships, distribution, legal, production, business development and other relevant teams.
- Supervise assigned agencies, promoters and ambassadors to deliver best-in-class ideas and plans.
- Own creative development in collaboration with creative leaders; provide creative direction and feedback to agency teams to ensure alignment with campaign and brand strategy.
- Create and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Present to senior leadership on a monthly basis or as otherwise required, updates on key metrics and milestones. Measure and report results of campaigns/projects.
- Manage allocated marketing budget with a view to optimize marketing spend, ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Distribution division forecast of annual brand sales and align on campaigns and activities to ensure brand growth and attainment of brand targets.
- Perform market research studies to gather important brand data as well as consumer, customer and competitor insights analysis.
- Ensure a maximum level of media visibility across all above the line channels through efficient media planning, buying and placement in line with communication objectives.
- Use digital media as well as traditional and OOH media to obtain maximum brand exposure.
- Manage the consumer journey from awareness to advocacy for assigned brand/s.
- Perform weekly in trade travel with distribution and/or marketing teams to obtain insight on brand performance and competitor knowledge and shares schedule and trade travel reports with the GMM.
- Any other reasonable duty as assigned from time to time.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing. MBA would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressive marketing experience in an FMCG environment.
- Experience of the full marketing mix is essential
- Familiarity with tracking tools used to assess campaign performance.
- Project management certification and/or experience – an asset.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Has a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix.
- Budget management skills and proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent soft skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Team building skills, team player with positive attitude and outlook.
- An enterprising person (go-getter) with a ‘we can’ mind-set in the face of challenges.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Negotiation skills
External Contacts (Level):
Government Agencies, Execution Agencies, Media, Advertising Agencies, Research Institutions, Distributors, Suppliers, Consumer Affairs, and other Customer Representative Organizations.