Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
Support the production process by assisting with operating the form/fill/seal, bulk bagging and cupping machines, ensuring that all products are properly filled and sealed in accordance with production specifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing machine for production making the necessary adjustment in conjunction with Technical Operator according to company standards
- Operate Bulk packaging line
- Load machines with product to be packaged (may involve lifting of heavy materials)
- Monitor metal detector
- Assist with ensuring efficient performance (KPI’s) by optimizing the use of plant and machinery at the prescribed specification (clearing/preventing jams and spills)
- Engage computer interface panels to operate equipment
- Assist in palletizing/packaging products where necessary
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
- Assist with ensuring all relevant documentation is accurately completed in a timely manner and submitted by the end of the shift
- Assist with obtaining samples per the QA sampling SOP.
- Assist with maintaining 5’s standards that maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and HACCP quality systems.
- Ensure that safety, health, and environment rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of the work area to include weekly washing of machines and participate in Food Safety and Security programmes when required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical/Secondary education with passes in 4 CSEC subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
- One (1) year related experience in manufacturing environment.
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Good practical and team-working skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- The ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
- The ability to follow instructions
- An awareness of health and safety practices/standards/procedures
- A willingness to work flexibly
- Compliance with Company rules and regulations
- Ability to analyse problems, detect root causes and resolve all issues.
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Commitment to continual improvement goals
- Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation / correspondence
- Ability to present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations
- Must be willing to work shifts