Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
The role is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR department in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner and that staff welfare processes and activities are carried out in keeping with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to facilitate execution of projects by the Human Resource Manager.
- File personnel documents 2-3 times per week, filing must be completed at the end of each week (high importance).
- Logging of payroll documents at the end of each day (high importance).
- Assist with the preparation of interviews i.e. prepare packages and book meeting room.
- Schedule meetings for the Human Resource Manager.
- Prepare job verification letters on request.
- Prepare and maintain employees’ personnel file.
- Prepare requests in INFOR for approval and monitor until the Purchase Order is approved and issued.
- Prepare monthly birthday listing for posting on the notice boards.
- Update and maintain notice boards at the Corporate Office.
- Coordinate Onboarding activities for new hires.
- Assist with the work permit application and renewal process.
- Assist in posting job openings.
- Provide support to ensure the maintenance of Training Records and related documentation as required by Quality system.
- Undertake assigned Human Resource projects to include updating of company handbook/policies.
- Perform any other related duty.
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years proven work experience as an HR Administrative Assistant
- Hands on experience with HR software, e.g. BambooHR
Abilities; Skills; Experience; Aptitude and Judgement:
- Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Training in Customer Service and Human Resource
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in particular)
- Knowledge of local labour laws.
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
External Contacts (Level):
- Liaising with training and other institutions
- The Jamaica Employers’ Federation
- Ministry of Labour and Social Security
- Passport and Immigration Citizenship Agency
If you have selected [a] Yes to all four questions below you may submit your application